Committees at Temple Emanu-El define our congregation. Our committees are the main vehicle for making our temple a home, a family and a warmth to our traditions. For without these committees, our mission and passion for Judaism would be without fuel. Whether you are a new member, or have been with us for years, we encourage you to develop your Jewish community through involvement in one of our committees. It is a way to reach out to others, it is a way to develop a Jewish support system, it is also a wonderful way to get to know what your fellow congregants and most importantly, it is a way to give meaning and support to what is most important to you about Temple-Emanu-El.
- Preschool: Lauren Frederick email@example.com
Supports the Preschool director, staff, parents and students with ongoing programs and activities.
- Personnel: Debbie Macdonald firstname.lastname@example.org
- Publicity: email@example.com
Coordinates efforts to publicize Temple events and activities.
- Ritual/Worship: Shelli Stein firstname.lastname@example.org
Works with the Rabbis to plan, oversee, and refine aspects of ritual practice and religious events.
- Safety and Security: Greg Houska email@example.com
Coordinates/implements security and safety programs, along with local law enforcement, to ensure the security and safety of staff, students and congregants.
- Social Action: firstname.lastname@example.org
Provides the opportunity for hands-on involvement in programs such as the Hunger Project, Storefront Youth Shelter, and Mitzvah of the Month. The committee also donates goods and funds to local, national, and international agencies.
- Torah School: Barbara Braasch and Michelle Roth email@example.com
Supports the Torah School director, staff, parents and students with ongoing programs and activities.
- Women of Reform Judaism: Barbara Chancy and Nancy Marcus firstname.lastname@example.org
Provides a supportive connection among women of the congregation with a wide range of events and programs for the WRJ membership as well as support of tikkun olam, social action and educational activities in cooperation with our Temple and congregation at large.
- Youth Committee: Rabbi Benj Fried email@example.com
Assists with social activities and fundraising efforts for Chaverim (grades K-2), OYE (grades 3-5), EASY (grades 6-8) and SANETY (grades 9-12).