Our Torah School is an educational program for students in Grades K through 7 with Judaic and Hebrew classes convening on Sunday mornings from 9:30 am – 12:30 pm. There are also classes in Hebrew on Wednesday afternoons for students in Grades 3 through 6.
On Sunday, students learn about Shabbat, Jewish holidays, Jewish history, Jewish heroes and heroines, Torah and Bible stories, Jewish values and ethics as seen in the mitzvot, the history of the modern state of Israel, the rise of Reform Judaism, Hebrew and more.
Our Hebrew program readies our students for our Bar/Bat Mitzvah program. In addition to learning the prayers and blessings of the Shabbat evening and morning services, students read or chant a Torah and Haftarah portion. They also, if they are able, learn to translate their Torah portion.
After Grade 7, our students attend the Community Jewish High, a coalition of two area congregations: Temple Emanu-El and Tifereth Israel. There are a wide variety of classes available including Hebrew study for high school credit. Our 8th grade students may attend our Madrichim Program on Sunday mornings. For more information, call the Torah School School office at (619) 286-3096.
Torah School Registration 2020-2021
- All current and past years’ tuition and fees must be paid in full by June 30, 2020 in order to complete your registration for next year. Please contact the Temple Office at (619) 286-2555 if you have questions about or need to pay past tuition balances.
- Prices listed below are for “Early Bird” registration. Tuition amounts will go up after July 31, 2020.
- 100% of tuition is due on August 31, 2020 unless an alternative payment option form has been completed. An approved payment plan includes auto-debit/auto-charge or is Executive Director approved. Click here to download a payment option form.
- The Alternative Hebrew Class fee is $395 per student for students that take Hebrew classes on an alternative day of the week or by Zoom instead of attending the regular Wednesday Hebrew classes.
- A monthly statement will be mailed or emailed to you that will state all amounts that are due. All payment plans must be renewed each year.
- No refunds will be given after October 1, 2020.
“Happy Accidents” Video produced by the Torah School Media Arts Major.